Home Preparation Checklist
Please provide this document (Download PDF Format) to the home owner in advance of the shoot.
- For the most appealing photographs, please complete as much as possible before the photographer arrives. The photo session will take from 30-90 minutes depending on the size of the home.
- We will be photographing both the inside and outside of the home.
- Standard photos include: front and back exterior, and all the major interior rooms.
- We generally do not photograph closets or the garage unless they include special features (please let us know about these).
- A good general rule when decluttering is "no more than three items per surface"
- Mow and rake yard; blow leaves and debris
- Move vehicles from driveways and do not park in front of the house
- Move garbage cans out of sight
- Remove garden tools, hoses and sprinklers
- Sweep/shovel driveways, sidewalks, and patio
- Straighten deck furniture and open umbrellas or tie down neatly
- Clean BBQ and remove cover
- Make sure all outside lights work
- For extra appeal: fill planters with flowers and spread fresh mulch
- Pool: remove cover, clean pool area, remove cleaning tools from the deck and toys/floats from the pool
- Turn on all interior lights including lamps and make sure all bulbs work.
- Ceiling fans should be turned OFF with light kits ON
- Open all shades and blinds
- Turn off televisions and computers
- Hide trash cans
- De-clutter rooms which may be excessively furnished
- Vacuum carpets and sweep hardwood floors
- Remove pet toys, piles of magazines, children's toys/art
- Wash windows and glass doors
- Conceal exposed cables as well as you can
- Place trash cans out of view in closet/cupboard
- De-clutter stove and counter tops - stow small appliances
- Remove items from sink - soaps, scrubbies, dish towels, dishes, draining rack.
- Clear off all items from the refrigerator (magnets, pictures, calendars)
- Organize open shelves
- Clean shiny appliances very well – Dirty appliances will look smudged with flash cameras
- For extra appeal: place a fruit bowl or flowers on the counter
- Toilet lids should be down.
- Clean mirrors and make the bathroom sparkle
- Hang fresh, neatly folded towels
- Clear counters of toiletries and products
- Remove shampoo and products from shower/tubs
- Remove cleaning brushes, trash cans, floor scales and laundry hamper
- Make beds and arrange decorative pillows
- Put away clothing, shoes, etc.
- Clean under bed
- Clear surfaces of clutter; no more than 3 items per surface